Wednesday, January 07, 2009

a little poetry

One Flesh by Cheryl Norwood

You hold me so close,
my chin pressed to your chest.
Is that your heart's rhythm
or mine?
One Flesh.

Your smile immediately, spontaneously
leaps onto my face.
I can't even fight it when I'm angry with you.
One Flesh.

Sad news assaults.
Your tears well up.
Yet they fall from my eyes.
Your pain.
My pain.
Our pain.
One Flesh.

Sitting in church,
worshiping together.
One.
A melodious instrument.
A joyful noise.
You softly kiss my forehead during prayer.
One Flesh.

Dancing together
in shoeless feet to soundless music.
A celebration of nothing,
but of everything we are.
A kitchen dance
for no special reason...
just because.
One Flesh.

Together forever,
no thoughts of escape
from this lovers' bond.
So grateful God picked me
to become part of "us."
One Flesh.

No comments: