Tuesday, March 10, 2009

spiritual power & healing

I really enjoy reading MacNutt. Chapter 8, "The Faith to be Healed" gave me some very interesting points to reflect on. First there is the beautiful quote from Ken Hagin where he wrote that we need to open the Word to the sick, and the Word makes its way to the other person's spirit, and as they meditate upon it, they will see that by Jesus' stripes they are healed. Then he says [and this is just beautiful] "I have seen them with every symptom still present say, 'I'm healed.'" That is amazing faith - faith in Jesus. Can you imagine if we all responded in that way???

I was really struck by what MacNutt says on page 101, "Each of us must really search out where we are, and learn to pray in a style that suits the reality of our own personal healing ministry...Do not pretend to be better than you are! Develop your own style as the Spirit leads you." I appreciate this practical advice. I've made it a point to pray more frequently for healing in some people's lives, and while there are some good models for healing prayer, I'm relieved that I can work out my own style - something that fits my personality and faith.

MacNutt continues, "Use whatever gifts you have...and above all, love people, and you may yet see miracles" (102). Yes, above all, LOVE PEOPLE!

No comments: