Friday, November 14, 2008

Compassion International



A couple weeks ago, my wife and I went on a date. Now there's nothing unusual about this - though we both agree that we need to date more often! But nevertheless, it was a date night and she made the arrangements (so I give her all the credit!). She took me out to dinner at Via Maria, a nice little Italian place in Holland, followed by a Bebo Norman / MercyMe concert. I had my doubts - at least initially - about going to a MercyMe concert, but I kept an open mind and was pleasantly surprised, not by MercyMe as much as by Bebo. All I will say is WOW! Bebo put on a really good show.

The part of the night we celebrated, however, was that we decided to sponsor a child from Compassion International. We now sponsor a 6 year-old girl from the Philippines nameed, Camela. We are very excited about this opporutnity and look forward to watching her grow, learn, and love.

This is a wonderful opportunity to bring the love and compassion of God in to the world and there is no easier way than to sign up by clicking on the title of this post. If you're looking for a unique way to celebrate the holidays this year, why not go to Compassion International's website and sponsor a child?!? You will be just as blessed as the child you are blessing!

No comments: