Wednesday, July 14, 2010

calvin & c.s. lewis: solving the riddle of the reformation

Several months ago, a friend from church - a man who I deeply respect and desire to have a fraction of his intellect - came to me with a problem and wanted some advice. His issue was that over the last 15 years or so he has been trying to solve what he calls the "Reformation riddle" of how Calvinists and Arminians and other theological camps can look at the same scriptural texts and come away with very different interpretations concerning the sovereignty of God, the responsibility of man, and salvation. How can this be, he wondered; and should he continue to read and write a book he had been working on when it all seemed hopeless?

After what seemed like a short conversation - though we talked for many hours - he decided to finish the work he set out to do so long ago. After many months of reading, writing, revising and sleepless nights, my friend finished his book. Yesterday I was pleased to receive a copy of his finished product appropriately entitled, Calvin & C.S. Lewis: Solving the Riddle of the Reformation. I look forward to reading my friend's book and I can now say that I am the pastor of someone who has written a self-published book. Congratulations Jordan, my friend! You can purchase a copy of Jordan's book by clicking here.

No comments: